Indy-winning engineering and outstanding performance combine to power the Ilmor Recreational Marine series. Ideal for competitive water sports and recreational boating of all kinds, these engines are built to the same exacting engineering standards as our world-renowned high-performance engines. They deliver the highest levels of performance AND reliability, so you spend less time in the service center and more time on the water.
Our state-of-the-art 50,000 square foot marine engine assembly and test facility opened in Mooresville, N.C. is specifically committed to manufacturing this new series of inboard GM-based V8 engines.
Ilmor's Recreational Marine Engines are available for both fresh and salt water (Ocean Performance Series) in displacements of 5.7L, 6.0L and 6.2L.
- Uniquely designed cast iron, catalyst equipped , and thermostatically controlled exhaust manifolds
- Front accessory drive with "true" serpentine auto-tensioning belt
- Advanced engine protection: Over temperature protection mode, knock detection with auto-protect and soft rev limiter
- Multi-port sequential fuel injection for improved fuel distribution and improve engine air in-take, maximizing engine performance and fuel economy
- Common remote-mount thermostat cooling system with belt-driven raw water pump offering reduced exhaust condensation and increased pump durability
- Super Ultra Low Emissions, which meets EPA, CARB and EU emissions regulations
Designed with you in mind
With a high-mount alternator and starter motor, and conveniently positioned remote-mount oil filter with courtesy tray, our Recreational engines are easy to service. Our custom electronics wiring harness is designed to minimize excess wiring, and make it easy to identify connections. Fuses, relays and circuit breakers are housed in a compact and centrally located fuse box, with easily identifiable fuses and a 50-amp auto-reset circuit breaker to prevent temporary problems and ensure an enjoyable day of boating.
Service and Warranty
Ilmor Marine engines produced for MasterCraft Boat Company come standard with a three-year engine limited warranty. Extended warranties may be available through authorized MasterCraft dealers. For all Recreational Marine or MV8 service questions, contact your MasterCraft dealer or Ilmor Marine, LLC at 704.360.1900.