Ilmor's High-Performance marine engines stand alone in performance, appearance, reliability and efficiency.
Ilmor first entered the high-performance marine world in 2002 with the MV10, a unique engine based on the breathtaking V-10 powerplant found in the Dodge Viper. Over the following years, our team of innovative marine engineers has continued making refinements and advancements to deliver even more horsepower and torque from the same lightweight package. In 2005, the MV10 625 was born, followed in 2006 by the MV7-10.
In 2009, Ilmor introduced the Generation IV MV10 650 and MV10 725 engines, which are compliant with all California, EPA, and European Union RCD emission regulations. These fuel-efficient engines are cleaner, more powerful, and created to work in perfect unison with the Ilmor "INDY®" Stern Drive and transmission system.
Ilmor has also expanded its competitive tradition into powerboat racing, winning World Championships in both the Powerboat P1 and APBA/SBI (USA) racing series with manufacturing partners like Fountain Worldwide and Chaudron Powerboats.
We are currently limiting new production of the MV10 engines and INDY Stern Drive systems. However, parts, service, support and warranty coverage will continue to all existing customers.
- Unique V-10 configuration
- All aluminum construction
- Lightweight (810 lbs., [367 kg]), including headers and all fluids
- Naturally-aspirated for greater efficiency
- Closed oil and engine water cooling system – for optimum engine temperature control and maximum corrosion protection
- Custom appearance package fitted to all engines:
- 5 custom colors available
- Micro-polished intake manifold
- Carbon fiber accessory covers
- Polished pulley system
- Polished CMI stainless "sport-tube" headers
- One-year limited warranty
- Complete with Ilmor High-Performance "INDY®" Stern Drive system
All Ilmor Generation IV Marine engines are Emission Certified
The Gen IV MV10 engines have passed all required certification tests for California, achieving a 3-Star, Ultra-Low certification level, for the EPA, and for all countries of the European Union.
Our "ICE" System serves as the control center for all Ilmor high-performance powertrain components, delivering advanced engine and vessel control, as well as simplified installation of drive-train products.
Service and Warranty
Every Ilmor High-Performance Marine engine and drive comes standard with a one-year engine limited warranty, and a three-year emissions warranty.